ERDM stands for Electronic DiscoveryReference Model. EDRM is a framework that outlines the standards for thediscovery and recovery and of digital data. EDRM is a conceptual standard forthe e-discovery process. It is designed to gather and assimilate the electronicdata during the legal process, including the discovery of criminal evidence.
The EDRM consists of nine steps forElectronically Stored Information management. It is not necessary to implementall the steps of EDRM for discovering relevant data. In fact, involvement ofonly some of the stages may suffice the purpose.
● Information management- implementingdatagovernance processes to mitigate risk and costs in the event of an electronic discoveryrequest.
● Identification- Locating sources ofinformation for determining the nature of data and the steps involved in its management.
● Preservation- ensuring that the potential e-discovery ESI is storedproperly by preventing it from inappropriate tampering and destruction.
● Collection-gathering information for E-discovery use.
● Processing-reducing the ESI and converting it into suitable forms forreview and analysis, if required.
● Review-determining the data’s e-discovery’s relevance andprivilege.
● Analysis-analyzing ESI for content and context, including topics,people, key patterns, etc.
● Production-delivering the ESI relevant parties.
● Presentation-displaying the data findings at depositions, hearings,trials, etc., especially in native and non-native forms, to extract furtherinformation and validate the existing facts or positions.
EDRM Stages Standards
● IdentificationStandard- The purpose is to outline standards for the identification of ESI indiscovery. There are two main components of Identification standards: EarlyCase Assessment and Early Data Assessment.
1 Early Case Assessment involves triggering events, facts ofthe case, case value, outside counsel, case strategy, etc. for the assessmentof the case. Here, Document Review Services work well in plotting the casestrategy.
2 In Early Data Assessment, a DocumentReview Company should provide counsel with the necessary information to understandrelevant types of data and its location.
● Collection Standard-Itensures different types of data collected using methods such as Forensic Image,Custom Context, Non-Forensic Copy, and Exports- Harvesting Email as well asnon-Email.
● Processing Standard-It is a guide toaddress the processing of data from an electronic storage device into ane-discovery database. A Document Review Company can use various tools availableto process e-discovery data such as Ipro's capture and eScan-IT, LexisNexis'sLAW PreDiscovery and Early Data Analyzer, etc. These tools help DocumentReview Services with Virus Protection, features like Container Files, Metadata Fields,etc.
Role of SKJ Juris
In legalmatters, with EDRM involving standard rules for discovery and recovery and ofdigital data, it is important to avoid any mistake and error which could incur costs.For this reason, most of the firms hire Document Review Servicesprovider.
SKJ Juris is amongthe top Document Review Companies which provide world-class assistance in DocumentReview Services. With its expertise, it offers unsurpassedsupport with appropriateguidance at an affordable price. We, at SKJ Juris, value the importance oflegal matters and promise our customers with the fastest and efficient DocumentReview Services within the set deadline.
SAFETY TIPS FOR BUYERS :
- To the extent possible, deal with the local people. In case of any problem you can easily meet them.
- Before making payment, ensure that the goods are as per agreed specifications and are in good working condition.